In today’s world, companies of all sizes use specialized software. These digital products help them provide a better service and run their business more efficiently. Among these products, the best billing and invoicing software programs are some of the most useful, helping businesses of all sizes keep track of earnings and expenses, manage financial transactions and organize client lists.
In addition, many of these programs provide other useful features that have gained them much deserved notoriety. With that in mind, the present article will go over the best billing and invoicing software products out there, pointing out their pros and cons.
*The following software options were ranked by price, from the most affordable to the most expensive one.
Although somewhat basic in its structure and functions, Wave is one of the best billing and invoicing software programs due to its practicality. It holds an advantage over its competitors because it allows users to create customized invoices.
Additionally, it features a very comprehensive messaging system that allows different forms of communication between the user and their clients. It also coordinates invoicing with accounting, credit card payments and payroll.
- Optimized invoice management: One of the reasons Wave lands among the best billing and invoicing software programs out there is its comprehensive invoice management system. Unlike many other similar systems, it notifies users of
- Automatic reminders: This software can be customized to send automatized reminders to clients that are overdue for payment.
- Taxes calculation: Something that makes Wave stand out among other similar software products is that it calculates the client’s taxes automatically.
- Slow: Customers have complained that the app slows down considerably whenever it handles a high volume of transactions.
- Scalability: Unfortunately, Wave adds a few dollars to your monthly payment for each one of your employees that use it.
Amazingly, Wave is completely free to use in any of its capacities.
Because of its completeness and the thoroughness of its service, Zoho is one of the best voicing and billing software programs available right now. Besides managing invoices and providing automated billing options, the program can help you with various other important aspects of running a business. Some of the most notable are marketing, sales, email services and business processes management.
- Real time reports: One of the most interesting things about this software is that it allows users to obtain real time reports of their financial transactions.
- Collaboration: The software also allows clients to collaborate with team members and co-workers in real time, resulting in a more productive working environment.
- Free service: Almost unbelievably, the company offers its software for free to manage, bill and invoice up to five clients.
- Somewhat buggy: Unfortunately, there have been complaints regarding the fluidity of the software that most often appear in the form of bugs and crashes.
- Slow customer support: There have also been some complaints regarding the speed of the company’s customer support system.
Zoho is free for invoicing up to five clients. The professional plan costs $12, and the enterprise plan costs $25.
Previously known as CurdBee, one of the best billing and invoicing software products out there is Hiveage. In addition to the usual billing and invoicing tools, it boasts a series of unique and useful features such as the ability to manage multiple teams using one account. As if that was not enough, it helps users track time, expenses and mileage.
- Customized invoices: Unlike other invoice and billing services, Hiveage allows users to fully customize their invoices. This allows them to adjust the invoices to their branding requirements.
- Online payment gateway integration: By being seamlessly integrated with over a dozen online payment gateways, this service functions all over the world.
- Cloud based: Clients may access their Hiveage account anytime and anywhere they want without installing any space-consuming apps or programs.
- Mandatory backups: Backups are a good thing. However, they are not as positive when they are automatically and mandatorily executed at inconvenient moments. Unfortunately, that is precisely what this software does.
Hiveage’s pricing starts at $15 with its starter plan. It also offers a basic plan for $29, a more comprehensive studio plan for $59 and a fully-stocked company plan for $79.
Boasting a system that is both fast and user-friendly, Due definitely deserves a position among the best billing and invoicing software products out there. This software is capable of generating customized, professional invoices and quotations. Once the user generates them, the invoices are automatically sent to the clients.
- International: Something that sets Due apart from other invoicing and billing software products is its providing international currency and payment options.
- Cloud storage: One of the most convenient features that this software offers is full-access cloud storage. Without a doubt, this feature is the one that puts Due among the best billing and invoicing software products available today.
- Additional fees: Unlike most of the best billing and invoicing software programs, Due has additional fees for businesses processing that is over $250,000 monthly.
Due’s signup is free and allows invoices to be sent to three clients without charge. However, it charges its users some costly additional fees that can reach up to more than 250,000 dollars per month.
Putting It All Together
We have finally gone through the best four products on the market that we decided to feature in our article. Now, we can conclude that the best billing and invoicing software is that which provides effective solutions to the most commonplace problems businesses have to face. Without a doubt, the software programs that can incorporate and coordinate the most aspects of managing a business stand out from the rest.
At any rate, the four products that are featured in this article constitute helpful, versatile tools. Also, they were conceived with productivity in mind. Have you tried any of these billing and invoicing software products before? Let us know in the comments!